Hair is a big part of our appearance. But sometimes, hair can be too much. Wearing hair up or in a ponytail all day can cause your face to look heavy and tired – but this doesn’t have to happen! We’ve rounded up some tips on face framing layers to show you the way will frame your face beautifully. Whether you’re looking for an elegant look, or something more carefree, these tutorials are sure to help!
What are face framing layers?
Hair framing your face is an excellent way to soften facial features. It can be tricky though, because different face shapes need slightly different lengths and angles in the layers. If you layer your hair so that it’s still long enough to cover your ears but short enough to expose your cheekbones, you’ll achieve a very feminine look. The exact lengths depend on the shape of your face; find out which yours is below!
What face shape do I have?
There are 5 basic face shapes: oval, square, round, heart-shaped and diamond-shaped. How can you tell what yours is?
- Look at yourself in the mirror – if you see half an egg, you have an oval face.
- If your cheekbones and jawline form a square, congratulations: you’re square-shaped!
- A heart-shaped face has a pointy chin and the widest part of the face is around the cheekbones.
- A diamond-shaped face looks like it’s been stretched from ear to ear with high cheekbones.
- And last but not least, if your forehead, cheekbones and jaw line form a perfect curve, congrats: you’ve got a round face!
How can layers make my face look more oval?
If you have an oval shaped face, getting some shorter layers in your hair will make it look even more oval. The goal here is to frame the sides of face , exposing as much skin as possible. Hair should be just long enough to cover the ear , and look good in a ponytail.
Face framing layers with heart-shaped?
You may want to ask your stylist for bangs if you have a heart-shaped face. Longer layers are great for bringing attention down, but expose too much of your forehead, which will give it an undesirable elongated shape – unless that’s what you’re going for! If so, go ahead and show off those forehead bones! Otherwise, try bangs or shoulder length hair to draw focus away from the top half of your head.
How can layers make my face look more round?
Longer hair won’t do the trick if you’re looking to soften your round face, unless it comes with some height. So stick to short layers and leave out as much height as possible – bangs or side swept bangs are great for this!
How can I style my hair to frames my features?
The first thing you’ll want to do is find what length your hair should be, to make sure it will frame your face without giving you an awkward shape. Then, style it in a way that makes the most of your cheekbones, or whatever feature you want to bring attention to!
Here’s some ideas for 5 different face shapes:
- If you have an oval-shaped face , consider curling your hair with a 1-inch barrel. Or do like Bella Thorne, and sweep it to one side .
- If you have a square -shaped face , try some long layers off of your temples or some bangs while keeping the rest of your hair long.
- The same thing goes for diamond -shaped faces : lots of length off the sides, couple inches shorter in the front.
- If you’re more round-shaped , get some short layers! Try getting them longer on top than on bottom, so that they frame your cheeks instead of making them look larger than they are. Longer back layers can also help with this effect.
- Heart-shaped faces want layers too! Go for face framing layers if you don’t like your heart shaped face. You can also try some side swept bangs (but not too long and straight, the goal is to make it look more oval!) And of course, if you’re looking for a bit taller hairstyle, go for some height on top. If you have a diamond -shaped face , consider growing out your hair with some angled side bangs . Or get them shorter in the front and longer towards the back. Make sure they aren’t so heavy that they put too much emphasis on your cheekbones.
This web post is meant to help you understand the science behind face framing layers, so that you can decide if they are right for your brand. If you’re looking for an easy eye makeup tip that will take seconds but have huge impact on how others see your appearance, try out this simple technique with our product recommendations from Fleetserviceshocrv.com!