What is the difference between autogamic and autogamous?
autogamous – characterized by or fit for autogamy. autogamic. phytology, botany – the branch of biology that studies plants. endogamic, endogamous – characterized by or fit for fertilization by pollen from another flower of the same kind.
Is barely autogamous or heterogamous?
Barely is an autogamous plant and one of the oldest members of family Poaseae. virgilioides is primarily autogamous, which is a common feature among many species of Fabaceae (BORGES, 2006; NOGUEIRA; ARRUDA, 2006).
Is parviflora autogamous or heterogamous?
According to Cruden’s prediction (Cruden, 1977), low P/O values are common among autogamous species. parviflora is autogamous (self-pollinates without a pollinating agent). According to Wiess (1983), this species is predominantly autogamous.
More about Is autogamous a word?
1. Autogamous Definition & Meaning – Merriam-Webster
Definition of autogamy. : self-fertilization: such as. a : pollination of a flower by its own pollen. b : conjugation of two sister cells or sister nuclei of protozoans or fungi.
2. Autogamous – Definition, Meaning & Synonyms | Vocabulary.com
characterized by or fit for autogamy. synonyms: autogamic. self-fertilised, self-fertilized, self-pollinated. fertilized by its own pollen. see more. see less. Antonyms: endogamic, endogamous. characterized by or fit for fertilization by pollen from another flower of the same kind.
3. Autogamous – definition of autogamous by The Free Dictionary
au·tog·a·my. (ô-tŏg′ə-mē) n. Self-fertilization, especially: a. Fertilization of a flower by its own pollen. b. The union of nuclei within and arising from a single cell, as in certain protozoans and fungi. au′to·gam′ic (ô′tō-găm′ĭk), au·tog′a·mous adj.
4. AUTOGAMOUS English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com
English dictionary definition of AUTOGAMOUS along with additional meanings, example sentences, and different ways to say.
5. Autogamous Definitions | What does autogamous mean? | Best 1 …
Define autogamous. Autogamous as a adjective means Self – fertilizing. .
6. What does autogamous mean? – definitions
What does autogamous mean? Definitions for autogamous ˌɔ toʊˈgæm ɪk au·to·g·a·mous Here are all the possible meanings and translations of the word autogamous.
7. AUTOGAMOUS | Meaning & Definition for UK English | Lexico.com
UK English definition of AUTOGAMOUS along with additional meanings, example sentences, and ways to say.
8. What does autogamous mean? definition, meaning and audio …
• AUTOGAMOUS (adjective) Sense 1. Meaning: Characterized by or fit for autogamy. Synonyms: autogamic; autogamous. Similar: self-fertilised; self-fertilized; self-pollinated (fertilized by its own pollen)
9. Autogamous | definition of autogamous by Medical …
autogamous: ( aw-tog’ă-mŭs ), Relating to or characterized by autogamy.
10. Autogamy Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
British Dictionary definitions for autogamy. autogamy. / ( ɔːˈtɒɡəmɪ) /. noun. self-fertilization in flowering plants. a type of sexual reproduction, occurring in some protozoans, in which the …
You are viewing in the category Quick Answer